|About the Journal||Manuscript Submission||Submit Manuscript||Current Issue||Archive|
You are not permitted to access the full text of articles.
If you have any questions about permissions,
please contact the Society.
회원님은 논문 이용 권한이 없습니다.
권한 관련 문의는 학회로 부탁 드립니다.
1) A Work by Two Authors: Name both authors in the signal phrase or in the parentheses each time you cite the work. Use the word "and" between the authors' names within the text and use the ampersand in the parentheses.
◦ Walker and Johnson (2000) compared the differences ... ◦ ... (Smith & Gunless, 1988), ... .
◦ According to Kim and Park (2002) ...
◦ ... (Im & So, 1987), ...
2) A Work by More than Three Authors: Use only the first author's last name followed by "et al." in the signal phrase or in parentheses.
◦ (Kernis et al., 1993)
◦ According to Kernis et al. (1993) ...
◦ According to Kim et al. (1993) ...
2. Author/Authors name and date presented in ( ):
List researches by the alphabetical order.
◦ In previous researches (Edeline & Weinberger, 1991, 1993; Kamil, 1988; Kim, 1998; Park & Kim, 2000; Pepperberg et al., 1990) ...
3. Groups as authors (government agency) as publisher:
The names of groups that serve as authors (e.g., corporations, associations, and government agencies) are usually spelled out each time they appear in a text citation. The names of some group authors are spelled out in the first citation and abbreviated in parenthetical text ( ) thereafter. If the abbreviation is familiar or readily understandable, you may abbreviate the name in bracket text [ ].
Example of citing a group author (e.g., association, government agency) that is readily identified by its abbreviation:
◦ According to the Korea Research Foundation (2000)...
◦ ...(Korea Research Foundation, 1999)...
◦ First citation: National Institute of Mental Health ([NIMH], 1999) surveyed...
Second citation: ...showed significant differences (NIMH, 1999).
After the name of original author, add the original date of the work's publication and the date of translation in parentheses at the end of the entry.
◦ (Laplace, 1814/1951)
◦ (Shakespeare, 1601/1994)
5. Articles in journals or newspaper without an author:
put " " on its short title
◦ ...on free care ("Study Finds", 1982).
◦ ...new style of ... ("Y Generation", 1998) ...
6. Unknown Author (Book, Guidebook, Report etc.):
Begin the entry with the work's title. Titles of books are italicized
◦ Oxford essential world atlas (2001) ...
◦ ... the book College Bound Seniors (1979)
◦ ... Dictionary of fashion (1995) defines as ...
7. 2nd Reference:
After the name of the original author, present the source of reference in parentheses
◦ Seidenberg and McClelland's study (as cited in Coltheart et al., 1993) ...
◦ According to Im and So (as cited in Kim & Park, 2002) ...
8. References to Legal materials:
In text, give the official name of the act in 「」When the official name is in Korean,
use space between words.
◦ ...「The Law on Assembly and Demonstration」 (2007) ...
◦...(「The Law on Assembly and Demonstration」, 2007) ...
◦ ...「Mental Health Systems Act」 (1988) ...
◦ ...(「Mental Health Systems Act」, 1988) ...
If the issuing organization assigned a number (e.g. patent number),
give that patent number and patented date. Do not use application date.
◦ ... Korea. Patent No. 204-0012216(1998) ...
◦ ... (Korea Patent No. 204-0012216, 1998) ...
◦ ... U.S. Patent No. 123,445 (1988) ...
◦ ... (U.S. Patent No. 123,445, 1988) ...
<Guideline for Reference >
* Citations made in the manuscript must have listed on the reference. The list should follow the alphabetical order.
* It provides the information necessary for a reader to locate and retrieve any source
you cite in the body of the paper. Each source you cite in the paper must appear in your reference list; likewise, each entry in the reference list must be cited in your text.
* All lines after the first line of each entry in your reference list should be indented one-half inch from the left margin. This is called hanging indentation.
* Footnote or Endnote cannot replace the reference.
1. Journal Article (Periodicals)
1) English title
Wolchik, S. A., West, S. G., Sandler, I. N., Tein, J., Coatsworth, D., & Lengua, L. (2000). An experimental evaluation of theory-based mother and mother-child programs for children of divorce. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 68, 843-856.
Song, M. H., & Hwang, J. S. (2008). The effect of fashion leadership on fashion products purchase in surrogate internet shopping mall. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 32(2), 179-189.
2) Journal article with DOI : Include the digital object identifier (DOI) in the reference if one is assigned
Herbst-Damm, K. L., & Kulik, J. A. (2005). Volunteer support, marital status, and the survival times of terminally ill patients. Health Psychology, 24, 225-229. doi:10.1037/0278-622.214.171.124
Lim, G. J., & Lee, M. S. (2011). A study on structural characteristics and objective hand of knit fabrics-A focus on Intarsia and Color Jacquard-. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 35(8), 968-981. doi:10.5850/JKSCT.2011.35.8.968
3) Published online: Include the digital object identifier (DOI) in the reference if one is assigned. If no DOI is assigned to the content and you retrieved it online, include the homepage URL for the journal in reference.
Von Ledebur, S. C. (2007). Optimizing knowledge transfer by new employees in companies. Knowledge Management Research & Practice. Advance online publication. doi:10.1057/palgrave.kmrp.8500141
Fredrickson, B. L. (2000, March 7). Cultivating positive emotions to optimize health and well being. Prevention & Treatment, 3, Article 001a. Retrieved November 20, 2000, from http://journals.apa.org/prevention/volume3/pre00300001a.html
4) Non-English journal article: If a non-English article is used as the source, cite the original version. Give the original title and, in brackets, the English translation.
Guimard, P., & Florin, A. (2007). Les évaluations des enseignants en grande section de maternelle sont-elles prédictives des difficultés de lecture au cours préparatoire? [Are teacher ratings in kindergarten predictive of reading difficulties in first grade?]. Approche Neuropsychologique des Apprentissages chez l'Enfant, 19, 5-17.
Koh, B. J. (2001). 상암동 출토 전주이씨 익정(1699-1782) 유물 연구 [Study on the textiles of Chunjoo Lee family Ikjung (1699-1782) excavated from Sangamdong]. 한국복식, 19, 83−8159.
2. Article (journal) without an author
New drug appears to sharply cut risk of death from heart failure. (1993, July 15). The Washington Post, p. A12.
02 F/W Items-to-be-hit. (2002, October 10). Korea Fashion & Textile News, p. 10.
1) Individual Author/Authors
Mitchell, T. R., & Larson, J. R., Jr. (1987). People in organizations: An introduction to organizational behavior (3rd ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill.
Choi, J. H., & Kim, M. J. (2011). Clothing and health. Paju: Kyomunsa.
2) Organization as Author
Australian Bureau of Statistics. (1991). Estimated resident population by age and sex in statistical local areas, New South Wales, June 1990 (No. 3209.1). Canberra, Australian Capital Territory: Author.
3) Unknown Author
Merriam-Webster's collegiate dictionary (10th ed.). (1993). Springfield, MA: Merriam-Webster.
Dictionary of fashion (Rev. ed.). (1995). Seoul: Jeongmunsa.
4) Non-English book:If a non-English reference work is used as the source, give the title in the original language and, in brackets, the English translation.
Piaget, J., & Inhelder, B. (1951). La genèse de l'idée de hasard chez l'enfant [The origin of the idea of danger in the child]. Paris: Presses Universitaires de France.
Kim, Y. H. (1998). 피복재료학 [Textile materials]. Seoul: Jeongmunsa.
Korea Federation of Textile Industries. (1997). 섬유연감 '97 [Textile yearbook '97]. Seoul: Jeongmunsa.
5) Translation: After the title, name the translator, followed by the abbreviation "Trans.," in parentheses. Add the original date of the work's publication in parentheses at the end of the entry.
Laplace, P. S. (1951). A philosophical essay on probabilities (F. W. Truscott & F. L. Emory, Trans.). New York: Dover. (Original work published 1814)
Shakespeare, W. (1994). Hamlet (J. C. Choi, Trans.). Shakespeare Series, 2. Seoul: Mineumsa. (Original work published 1601)
4. Article or Chapter in Edited Book
Massaro, D. (1992). Broadening the domain of the fuzzy logical model of perception. In H. L. Pick Jr., P. van den Broek, & D. C. Knill (Eds.), Cognition: Conceptual and methodological issues (pp. 51-84). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
in case of Multivolume work:
Maccoby, E. E., & Martin, J. (1983). Socialization in the context of family: Parent-child interaction. In P. H. Mussen (Series Ed.) & E. M. Hetherington (Vol. Ed.), Handbook of child psychology: Vol. 4. Socialization, personality, and social development (4th ed., pp. 1-101). New York: Wiley.
5. Conference Proceedings
1) Unpublished Proceedings
Lanktree, C., & Briere, J. (1991, January). Early data on the Trauma Symptom Checklist for Children (TSC-C). Paper presented at the meeting of the American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children, San Diego, CA.
Lee, J. H., Choi, H. S., & Do, W. H. (2002). Fitness and physical properties in current stretch fabrics for bottoms-Focused on the tight skirt-. Paper presented at the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles Spring Conference, Daejeon.
2) Published Proceedings
Cynx, J., Williams, H., & Nottebohm, F. (1992). Hemispheric differences in avian song discrimination. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA, 89, 1372-1375.
Kim, C. S., & Park, Y. H. (2002). Analysis of consumer preference on domestic sportswear trend. Proceedings of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, Fall Conference, Korea, 33.
Wilfley, D. E. (1989). Interpersonal analysis of bulimia: Normal-weight and obese. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, University of Missouri, Columbia.
Choi, Y. H. (1999). Influence of first impression on employment. Unpublished master's thesis, Hanguk University, Seoul.
7. 2nd Reference: Include the original source first.
Coltheart, M., Curtis, B., Atkins, P., & Haller, M. (1993). Models of reading aloud: Dual-route and parallel-distributed-processing approaches. Psychological Review, 100, 589-608.
Han, E. K., & Kim, E. A. (2006). Classification of textural descriptors for establishing Texture Naming System (TNS) of fabrics-Textural descriptions of women's suits fabrics for fall/winter seasons-. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 30(5), 699-710.
8. Internet Resource : include the full URL address.
Hilts, P. J. (1999, February 16). In forecasting their emotions, most people flunk out. New York Times. Retrieved November 21, 2000, from http://www.nytimes.com
'Positive signs' in job market at the second half due to the spread of the five-day work week. (2002, July 7). Donga Ilbo. Retrieved September 21, 2002, from http://www.donga.com
9. References to Legal materials:
1) Reference Form for Cases : Abbreviate the published source (if any), court, and date as specified in the court decisions.
Lessard v. Schmidt, 349 F. Supp. 1078 (E. D. Wis. 1972).
Durflinger v. Artiles, 563 F. Supp. 322 (D. Kan. 1981), aff'd, 727 F.2d 888 (10th Cir. 1984). Verdict: Supreme Court ○○○○, ○○, ○○, Sentence, ○○◇○○, Judgment
2) Statutes : Give the official name of the act and the year of the act. In the reference list entry,
include the source and section number of the statute, and in parentheses give the publication date of the statutory compilation.
「Mental Health Systems Act」. (1988). 42 U.S.C. § 9401.
「The Law on Assembly and Demonstration」. (2007). Article 3 Section 1.
「Act on the Protection of Information and Communications Infrastructure」. (2008). Article 5 Section 2.
10. Patent : 1) Patent inventor (s) or owner (s). 2) Date patent was issued. 3) Patent number. 4) Issuing country and the place.
Smith, I. M. (1988). U.S. Patent No. 123,445. Washington, DC: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Kim, J. T. (2004). Paper made out of hemp and the manufacturing method, Korea Patent No. 2004-0012216. Daejeon: Korean Intellectual Property Office.