(Revised on September 11, 2015)
Guideline for Authors:
◆ General Policies ◆
1. All manuscripts must be original, never published in other journals before submitted to the KSCT. In addition, the manuscript submitted to the KSCT should not be submitted to any other journals at the same time.
2. All manuscripts submitted to the Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles should abide by the “KSCT Code of Ethics”. For the policies on the research and publication ethics not stated in the “KSCT Code of Ethics”, International standards for editors and authors (http://publicationethics.org/international-standards- editors-and-authors) can be applied.
3. All manuscripts submitted to the Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles will be peer-reviewed following the “Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles Review Policies”.
4. Only valid members of the KSCT can publish in Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles.
5. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles Publishes the following types of contents.
a. Research Papers: Original, academic research papers in the field of clothing and textiles
b. Reviews: Invited or submitted review papers on the research trends and topics in the field of clothing and textiles
c. Book Reviews: Reviews on academic books in the field of clothing and textiles
d. Letters to the Editor: Letters of constructive criticisms, discussions, and opinions on a specific research article previously published in Journal of the KSCT
e. Reports: Short reports on the academic activities in the field of clothing and textiles
f. Communications: Research presented at conferences or special lectures hosted by the KSCT
6. If the submitted manuscript is a part of the author's thesis or dissertation, it should be specified in a footnote on the first page of the manuscript with the following sentence: “This paper is a part of a master's thesis (doctoral dissertation)”. In addition, the author of the thesis (dissertation) should be listed as the first author of the manuscript.
7. The copyright of manuscripts will be automatically transferred to the KSCT at the point of submission, thus any external use of materials should be informed to the society, except when being used by the author.
8. The editorial board has authority to choose articles to publish, considering the order of submission.
9. The editorial board is able to make or ask authors for revision or modification of the manuscripts when necessary.
10. The publishing fee will be charged per printed page.
a. The authors will pay the charges per page to the KSCT.
b. The publishing fee is KRW 20,000/page up to 12 pages, and KRW 30,000/page for the additional pages.
c. All figures will be printed in black & white unless a request is made by the authors. Extra charges will be imposed to authors for prints in color or with any special effect.
11. Twenty authors' copy of published articles will be provided to authors.
12. Contact Information on inquiry:
The Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles,Shindaerim Xi APT. #201-1305, 589-8 Siheungdaero, Yeongdeungpo-Gu, Seoul, 150-909, Republic of Korea. Tel : 82-2-844-3601 Fax : 82-2-844-2651 E-mail : email@example.com
1. All manuscripts should be submitted through the official KSCT website (http://www.ksct.or.kr). Authors should also submit a ‘Research Ethics Statement’ and ‘Checklist for Manuscript Submission’ at the time of manuscript submission. After the completion of the review process, authors should additionally submit ‘Copyright Transfer Form’ to the KSCT.
2. Manuscripts must be written in Korean or English, typed in MS Word or HWP. All manuscripts should be con¬verted to PDF format before the submission. Do not include any names of authors in the first manuscript.
3. Accepted manuscripts should be submitted in MS Word or HWP format with the names and affiliations of authors and the contact information of corresponding author written in Korean and English. If the manuscript is written in English, write the information just in English.
4. The length of the manuscript should not exceed 25 pages, including all figures and tables. Style format;
(HWP Format) Font: Shin Myeong Jo, 11 point, Width: 100%, Space: 0%, Line spacing: 160%
Margins: Top 20mm, Bottom 15mm, Right 30mm, Left 30mm, Header 15mm, Footer 15mm
(MS Word Format) Font: Time New Roman, 11 point, Width: 100%, Space: 0%, Line spacing: 1 Margins: Top 35mm, Bottom 30mm, Right 30mm, Left 30mm, Header 15mm, Bottom 17.5mm
5. Abstracts should be less than 300 English words, up to a page of A4 paper.
6. Maximum 5 keywords should be suggested under the abstract, both in Korean and English. If the manuscript is written in English, list the keywords in English only.
7. Captions for figures and tables should be written in English.
8. Utilize S.I. units.
9. Refer to ‘The KSCT guideline for Bibliography and Citation’ (http://www.ksct.or.kr) for preparing reference lists and work citations. Consult the APA style manual (Publication Manual of the American Psychological Associa¬tion) for the information not specified in the KSCT guideline.
Chen-Yu, J. H., Eberhardt, D. M., & Kincade, D. H. (2007). Antibacterial and laundering properties of AMS and PHMB as finishing agents on fabric for health care worker's uniforms. Clothing and Textiles Research Journal, 25
Armstrong, H. J. (2005). Patternmaking for fashion design
(4th ed.). New Jersey: Prentice Hall.